Sunday, May 26, 2013

Art Machine.

Alright so it looks as though weekly updates may become my blogging pattern!

5 hour artistic freedom commission! I was given a description of the character and given free reign from there. I even had a few liberties with her fur patterning. Lots of fun. :)

For three years I had My whole life I've had roses and apologized to no one. Because it's my middle name. Personal doodle.

Studies of sitting figures, because I noticed I sometimes have trouble with legs in seated poses.

Also butts. Behold. I am a mature, sophisticated artist.

First 2.5 hours arranging what will be a long commission. Shall be worked on this upcoming week.

Close up concept for that crystal the dragon is holding.

Worked a bit more on this (crop from a bigger piece).

Quick color commission with background. Worgen made of stone.

Let's interject some personal doodles the sketchbet I'm participating in has enabled me to justify! This is a concept for a dye-job I'm planning on perpetrating with my hair. Chinny de Vil, if you will.

Doodle of me and my boyfriend as stripey animalthings enjoying some facehugs.

Ted the demon holding a kitten because reasons.

Let's bookend this with another 5 hour painting commission. This one of very specified imagery, a snake-monkey-morph species the commissioner invented. Inaugural illustration of this creature.

Next I wish to share a landslide of speed work. All of the following was created between 2 PM Friday the 24th to 2 AM Sunday the 26th (so in the course of 48 hours - and not a marathon or anything, just normal streaming/etc with plenty of sleep, food, socialization, and whatnot in-between.) Not all of this is showcase worthy, but I thought it might be fun to share.

Speedpaint commission, 1 hour.

Speedpaint commission, 1 hour.

Speedpaint commission, 1 hour.

Speedpaint commission, 1 hour.

Speedpaint commission, 2 hours.

Speedpaint commission, 1 hour.

Sketchbet doodle for Fanart Friday; Howl, 15 minutes.

Some quick pondering of back muscles, since that purple speedpaint up there made me realize I don't remember them as well as I should.

Layout sketch I did for a commissioner for their upcoming long painting. 30 minutes.

Speedpaint commission, 2 hours.

Speedpaint commission, 2 hours.

Speedpaint commission, 1 hour.

Speedpaint commission, 1 hour.

Speedpaint commission, 1 hour.

Speedpaint commission, 1 hour 20 minutes.

Sketchbet contribution, 30 minutes. (Paint doodle of a slow loris.)

So yes. My life is pretty much like that all the time, though some days I just work on one or two big pieces rather than pooping out quick scribbles. I have a compulsive need to be working on art always.

No comments:

Post a Comment