Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Trying out an art blargh.

Hello, world.
/nerd

Right, so. Introductions. I have one of those name things that parents are fantastic enough to gift you after you pop out into the world. Mine is Anya Rose Ewing. I am an animator, illustrator, and seamstress living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with a BFA from the Maryland Institute College of Art. I support myself freelance by drawing and building costumes. As such, my commute presently consists of the four feet between my bed and my desk, though I would love to someday work as part of a larger creative team, especially in either the game or film industries. I decided to try out maintaining an art blog, because it struck me as a decent notion to post artwork somewhere other than art-gallery-community-type-sites. So. Blogger. Not the classiest, but I am not a classy lady. I am an art hobo. But a step above LiveJournal and Tumblr, yes?

I will begin with a smattering of drawings and commissions from the past few months. Then from there on out, I intend to post here regularly with both shiny new completed artwork and the occasional WIP to demonstrate my process.

Let's begin with a speed painting.


3 hours, Paint Tool SAI. Commission.

1 comment: